- University of Illinois (B.S., 1974; M.B.A, 1976)
- Loyola University (J.D., 1979)
Along with John J. Piccione, Patrick Keeley co-founded PKA in 1982. Growing in reputation and stature locally, nationally and internationally for more than 35 years, the firm combines the traditional expertise of large firms with the personal involvement found in smaller to midsize practices.
From the defense of a complex multi-party trademark lawsuit to a multi-million dollar sale of an international business to a large international, publicly-held company, Patrick brings a broad spectrum of legal expertise to his clients. His practice areas range from complex litigation and transactions nationally and internationally to business and commercial law, including specialty areas such as intellectual property and computer technology transactions and litigation.
As both a businessman and an attorney, Patrick brings business solutions to each engagement. Balancing legal and business perspectives in each case have been key to Patrick’s and PKA’s success. A Chicago native, Patrick received his undergraduate degree and MBA at the University of Illinois and his J.D. from Loyola University. Patrick also performs pro bono services including as a trustee of the David Kinley Foundation as well as providing legal assistance to clients of limited financial means. In his spare time, Patrick enjoys Tae Kwon Do, fine dining and wines, his watch collection, golf and exotic cars.
- Admitted to the Illinois Bar, 1979
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois including Trial Bar, 1979
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit; 1982,
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1982
- Also admitted Pro Hac Vice in a number of major state and federal jurisdictions throughout the United States
- Chicago, DuPage County, Illinois State and American Bar Associations
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- President of the St. Charles Country Club
- Chair of the Board of Directors of my university fraternity
- Trustee at David Kinley Foundation